This movie was one hell of a ride and not in a good way. I don’t know what the writers and James Gunn are smoking, but I need them to stop….and share. The Suicide Squad is a diet reboot of its predecessor from 2016. Oh how I tried to forget that one. Although the story sucked, there are many laughs to be had.
Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Bloodsport (Idris Alba), and Peacemaker (John Cena) are the standouts. Cena’s acting has improved, his timing and delivery were spot on. Harley was the same indestructible anti-hero. Bloodsport was Walmart Ironman and never ran out of ammo. The film is extremely gruesome, bizarre, and goofy as hell.
I commend Warner Bros. on doing something different and unconventional, but this was a little too out there. No one loves a movie that pushes the envelope more than me. However, this version of The Suicide Squad didn’t do enough narrative-wise to keep me interested. So I’m gonna have to give it a 5 out of 10.
The Story Monster Podcast – Episode 016: In Theaters October 2021 – The Story Monster Podcast
- The Story Monster Podcast – Episode 016: In Theaters October 2021
- The Story Monster Podcast – Episode 015: NEW Streaming Content October 2021
- The Story Monster Podcast – Episode 014: Trese Review
- The Story Monster Podcast – Episode 013: The Walking Dead, Season 10
- The Story Monster Podcast – Episode 012: Chris Margetis from The Manson Brothers Midnight Zombie Massacre